Scholarships For Employees’ Children
Sponsored by The Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation for the children and grandchildren of employees of the Hilton Garden Inn, the Hampton Inn & Suites, The Nicotra Group and Corporate Commons.
Grants For Non-for-profit Organizations
The Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation provides support for non-for-profit organizations primarily located in the Borough of Staten Island and aids in the support of higher education for the children and grandchildren of the employees of The Nicotra Group, the Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island and the Hampton Inn & Suites.
THE LOIS & RICHARD NICOTRA FOUNDATION AWARDS $45,726 TO “DO GOOD” ON STATEN ISLAND; $829,000 PLUS AWARDED IN NEARLY 8 YEARS“
Nicotra Foundation hosts May 22 Awards Ceremony at the Nicotra operated COMMONS café, which donates 100% of the profits to benefit Staten Island
On May 22, 2019, philanthropists Lois and Richard Nicotra gathered at the COMMONS café, their Bloomfield social enterprise eatery where 100% of the profits are awarded in grants and scholarships, with 64 grant recipients as The Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation presented $45,726 in awards.
For the second year in a row, Joe Dai, President of MacKenzie Door Company, gifted each grant recipient with a $50 American Express Gift Card so that they can show a kindness to others. This ‘Pay It Forward Project’ is thanks to Mr. Dai’s $8,000 gift to The Nicotra Foundation.
Friends of the Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation, Gary Skolnick and Linda Burgos were also present, representing Americare Systems. They generously presented the Foundation with a $5,000 check to support the Nicotra Foundation’s efforts.
Partners in Sound Productions received the “Helping Hand-burger” Award for their support of the Nicotra Foundation. Owners Massimo DiDonna and Michael Gregorio accepted the award and pledged to continue to support the Nicotra Foundation.
Richard Nicotra shared, “These gifts give us a hope that philanthropy and kindness are infectious. Now we are a conduit for more people like Joe, Gary, Linda and Partners in Sound Production who want to ‘Pay It Forward’,” Nicotra shared, “Their support validates that our Foundation knows how to reach our community and they think that we do it well. The donors are confident that what we are doing is working.”
The Nicotras shared their pride in gifting nearly $830,000 from the café since 2011 and discussed plans for their next social enterprise eatery, Pienza Pizza & Pasta, and their intention to double their giving once that eatery opens in their newest building, Corporate Commons Three. They shared their philanthropic goal of awarding $1 Million by the end of 2020.
Lois Nicotra congratulated the nonprofit grant recipients on, “the good they do for Staten Island.” She shared, “We all know how important social responsibility is, but isn’t it wonderful to realize how rewarding it is to do good for others, and how many people there are doing beautiful things for our borough.”
Since 2011, The Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation has awarded $829,765 to more than 392 Staten Island based non-profit organizations and scholarship recipients. The Nicotras announced plans for a second social enterprise eatery, also located at the Teleport, which will be three times the size of the COMMONS cafè and join the cafè’s mission to “Eat Good. Do Good.”, giving 100% of the profits to charity.
- A Very Special Place, Inc.
- Alpha Beta Foundation
- Amazing Grace Interfaith Ministry
- Amethyst House
- Annabella Gonzalez Dance Theater, Inc.
- Autism Speaks Staten Island
- Boy Scouts of America – Boy Scout Troop 76
- Boy Scouts of America Post 2122 Explorers
- Cancer Tamer Foundation, LTD
- Christ Church New Brighton
- Church of St. Andrew- Hemsley Community Hall
- College of Staten Island
- Conference House Association
- CSI High School for International Studies
- Eibs Pond Education Restoration Program Inc
- Fab For Life Foundation
- Garibaldi-Meucci Museum
- The Global Medical Relief Fund.
- Green Technology Club
- HEALTH For Youths
- P.S. 24 Myra S. Barnes
- Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art
- Kaleidoscope Mode Inc.
- Literacy Inc.
- Metropolitan Fire Association, Inc.
- Michael’s Cause
- The Michael J. Petrides School
- The Minty Organization for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Monsignor Farrell High School
- Moore Catholic High School
- Musical Chairs Chamber Ensemble, Inc.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People – Staten Island Branch
- National Lighthouse Museum
- New Ventures Charter School
- NY Firefighters Burn Center Foundation
- Oakwood Heights Community Church
- On Your Mark, Inc.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel & St. Benedicta Church
- Out of the Storm Senior Housing Inc.
- Project Hospitality
- P.S. 5 Corp PTA
- P.S. 6
- P.S. 8 Shirlee Solomon School
- P.S. 26 The Carteret School
- P.S. 44 Thomas C. Brown School
- P.S. 46 The Albert Maniscalco School
- Renaissance Newark Foundation
- Richmond Engine Company 1
- SCORE Staten Island
- South Shore Rotary Foundation
- Adalbert-St. Roch “Renew and Rebuild”
- Ann’s Food Pantry
- Staten Island Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society (AAHGS) – The Richard B. Dickenson Chapter
- Staten Island Federation of Parent Teacher Associations
- Staten Island Giving Circle (SIGC)
- Staten Island South Shore YMCA
- Travis Fourth of July Celebration Committee Inc.
- United Cerebral Palsy Associations of New York State
- Victory 4 The Voiceless Animal Rescue
- We Are Ladies First. LTD
- George Theatre Restoration Inc.
- Staten Island Ballet
Making A Difference In The Community!
The Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation is helping local organizations by providing necessary funding and support.